|The Montana Gardener’s Companion
is the only guide devoted to the challenges of cultivating a successful
garden in Big Sky Country. Whether you are an experienced green thumb
or a curious novice, whether you live in the Northern Rockies or in the
Northern Great Plains, this easy-to-understand guide will help you grow
tasty vegetables, abundant flowers, and lush lawns.
You will learn:
- What’s in your Montana soil and how to improve it
- Techniques to maximize the short growing season
- The best high-performance plant varieties for your area of the state
- Ways to combat pests and plant diseases common to Montana
- Local sources of hands-on assistance with gardening questions
- Hundreds of expert gardening tips and tricks specific to Montana conditions.
An Insider's Guide to Gardening under the Big Sky by Bob Gough and